A word from our CEO…
New Feature: Create and send texts to a larger audience, not currently in your database.
We are proud to announce the launch of a new feature to allow you to engage a larger audience to help during this Coronavirus pandemic. Now you can easily target people in your neighborhood that are not currently subscribers in your database. This opens up a much larger audience whom you can text to promote your business and inform people who live and work around your neighborhood about new hours, delivery options, curbside pickup, and gift card sales, etc.
This new feature can be found in the textALERT wizard as an option to send to non-subscribers. Note this feature will not be available to all merchants. Visit your Dashboard, take a quick look and see if your business qualifies and see how many people you would be able to target for your audience.
Here are the requirements to use this feature:
- Must have at least 500 people around your location who have opted to get promotional texts not currently in your database.
- Must be on the paid, credit-based TL Connects program.
How to get started.If you qualify for the non-subscriber TL Alerts, here’s how you can create one:
Watch the step-by-step video tutorial:
Read instructions below:
- Login to my.tlconnects.com
- Click the orange “+” button at the top of the page to go to the textALERT wizard.
- Click the option to send to non-subscribers. (To send only to your subscribers, you would now click one of the options under “Send to your subscribers”).
- If you have previously created a Neighborhood Deal, you can click it to resend that alert.
- TL Alerts require approval before being sent which could take up to 24 hours. So be sure you account for that period of time. They cannot be sent on the same day they are created.
- Next, if you have more than one location, select it from the drop-down list. Select your target audience by selecting the radius from your location. The larger the radius, the bigger the audience will be. You may also cap your audience to keep it under a certain amount if you choose a max number from the drop-down option. The amount defaults to all within that radius.
- Look above the map to see your total audience update as you change the criteria. Click “next” when ready.
- Next, your options are much like doing a normal textALERT in that you choose your options such as name, description, and delivery date and time. Click “Next” to continue.
- Now, type your message and add an image, mini-url to your delivery site or website and other options if you choose. Click “Next” to continue.
- Review your message ensuring everything is correct and ready to send.
- Completing your message will send it for approval. We will then email you to inform you of any changes necessary to the message or that it has been approved within 24 hours.
We hope you find this new powerful marketing feature useful, especially during these difficult times. We have a few more weeks of this as it stands right now, so we are trying to do everything in our power to help your business through this period.